Job Opening – Parish Life Director
We are an intergenerational community inspired by Christ’s love for all people and the Ignatian vision that call and empowers us to live the Gospel message and find God in all things. The Director of Parish Life collaborates to build our parish community and engage parishioners as part of a team approach to fulfilling our mission as a community that welcomes everyone.
Do you have a deep love for people’s well-being?
Are you a good listener? Do you get excited about creating opportunities for people to grow in their Catholic faith and spirituality? If you’re looking for a workplace where you can fully align your values with your skills and experience, while learning and growing, consider the role of Parish Life Director here at Our Lady of Hope Parish.
Brief Overview of Role and Responsibilities
- Engage and recruit parish volunteers through face-to-face interaction with parishioners
- Oversee existing parish programs, and develop new ones rooted in the Ignatian vision; sustain and increase parishioner involvement and spiritual growth; significant programs include faith formation, adult, and all-inclusive ministries
- Lead Baptism preparation and scheduling in coordination with the pastor
- Serve as liaison between parish ministries including St. Brigid School and Pastoral Council; connect committees/ministries with each other for integrated ministry
- Write relevant content for internal and external audiences. Work with the website and bulletin team to supply content. Connect programs, committees, and ministries so that they create communication to be published for parishioners through established avenues
- Animate parishioner outreach to the greater Portland community, assist ministries which are involved with outreach to help broader parishioner engagement in events that support the parish’s mission
Personal Qualities Needed
Mission-focused; sets personal and organizational priorities based on mission. Commitment to inclusion and diversity – and expansive welcoming. Self-directed, self-started AND team player. Ability to work collaboratively. Can respond to OLH’s unique character as a Jesuit Ministry. Socially adept, comfortable meeting and engaging people, and public speaking (at Mass and parish events). Thorough familiarity with Catholic life and practice a must; familiarity with Ignatian Spirituality a plus.
The full job description is here. To apply, please send cover letter and résumé to email@example.com or to Search Committee, Our Lady of Hope Parish, 492 Ocean Avenue, Portland, ME 04102. If you require alternative methods of application, please let us know at email above or 207-797-7026.