Job Posting: Parish Business Manager
Business Manager, Our Lady of Hope Parish – A Jesuit Ministry
Are you a financial professional thinking about making a job change? If you’re looking for a workplace where you can fully align your values with your skills and experience, consider the role of Parish Business Manager at Our Lady of Hope Parish in Portland. As a Jesuit ministry, Our Lady of Hope serves the greater Portland community – and beyond, with active members from 25 area towns. When you join our pastoral team, you become part of a vibrant community that connects their spirituality with daily life. An active practicing Catholic is helpful but not required.
Primary Function of this Position
The Parish Business Manager (PBM) is a professional who reports directly to the Pastor Our Lady of Hope Parish (OLHP). This person assists the Pastor with the stewardship of the physical, financial and human resources of the parish, in accordance with canon law and diocesan policies and guidelines. The PBM is a person of faith committed to Gospel values. He or she values the organization and responsible management of resources, and helps the Church fulfill its mission and purpose.
We are searching for an experienced, organized, technically savvy and personable administrator to lead our business team. This position is critical to the financial health and stability of our parish.
The duties of the PBM may vary dependent upon other staff resources and parish demands.
The PBM manages the financial and administrative support functions of the organization. Responsibilities include financial analyses of operations, oversight of the Parish’s accounting policies, practices and financial plan and the preparation of interim and final financial statements with supporting schedules. Supervision over general accounting, property accounting, internal auditing, cost accounting, budgetary controls, payroll, benefits administration, onboarding, and information technology. Overseeing the business office and custodial staff. In addition, the PBM will work in collaboration with the Diocese and the OLHP Councils, committees, and sub-committees.
QUALIFICATIONS NEEDED FOR POSITION:
The following education, knowledge, experience, and skills are considered essential:
· Bachelor’s Degree in finance, accounting or related field, or the equivalent in education and progressively responsible, related work experience, required.
· At least 5 years of progressively responsible finance/accounting experience at a management level required; at least 2 years of experience working in a non-profit organization.
· Knowledge and skills in all financial functions of a non-profit organization, including processing payables, receivables, and payroll; familiarity with computerized accounting and recording keeping software.
· Experience using computerized financial spreadsheets, general ledgers, charts of accounts, etc.
· Experience in managing payroll and employee benefit programs.
· Excellent writing and verbal communication skills.
· Adept in the use of the Microsoft Office suite of products including Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint, etc.
· Strong analytical skills, along with system thinking and strategic thinking.
· Sound judgment and decision-making skills.
· Strong management skills with people and programs.
· Excellent collaborative interpersonal skills.
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $55,000.00 – $60,000.00 per year
· Dental insurance
· Health insurance
· Health Savings Account
· Life Insurance
· Vision Insurance
· Paid Time Off
We are willing to invest in professional development for the right long-term candidate.
· Office – In Person
· Usual 8-hour shift
· Monday to Friday
· Frequent evening and some weekend work. (Required).
· Bachelor’s or Equivalent (Required).
· Major in Business Administration, Accounting or Finance (Preferred).
· Non-profit management: 2 years (Preferred).
· Management level finance or accounting: 5 years (Preferred).
· Knowledge and understanding of the Catholic Church and its mission (Required).
Please send cover letter and résumé to firstname.lastname@example.org or to Search Committee, Our Lady of Hope Parish, 492 Ocean Avenue, Portland, ME 04102. If you require alternative methods of application, please let us know at email above or 207-797-7026.